If you work in marketing, advancement, or communications in a higher education environment, you (and your team) could greatly improve your competitive edge and advantage through ongoing learning about current best practice – and joining Marketing, Advancement, and Communication in Education (MACE) is the best way to network with and learn from fellow expert peers at other higher education institutions across South Africa.
MACE has played a leadership role in the higher education sector within Southern Africa by adding value to practitioners in marketing, advancement, and communication since the early 1980s. It was founded in its current form in 1989, evolving from a few previous formations. Since adopting its current name in 2008, MACE has grown in leaps and bounds, now drawing an average of 190 delegates from universities, TVET institutions, and private education institutions to its annual national conference.
Who can join:
Any public or private higher education institution may join MACE.
Benefits of joining MACE:
• Liaison with counterparts.
• Annual MACE Conference – exposure to latest trends and research.
• Regional and national workshops.
• Directors’ Symposium.
• Sharing best practices.
• Enjoying a joint platform with other professional bodies.
• Rewarding excellence and gaining recognition.
• Adds value to practitioners in marketing, advancement, and communication through high-quality development programmes, facilitating networking partnerships and transformation, and promoting best practices among these professions.
• Rewards excellence and helps marketing, advancement, and communications teams gain recognition in their respective field through the annual MACE Excellence Awards programme.
Membership fees (annual):
Universities and universities of technology: R8 000
Technical and vocational education and training (formerly FET) colleges: R5 500
Education role-players and service providers (Associate membership fee): R5 500
To become a member of MACE, contact the National Chairperson at firstname.lastname@example.org